By Erik Dahlman
This e-book specializes in LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. exact causes are given for the newest LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry techniques, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and procedure performance.
Key applied sciences offered comprise multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complicated receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna recommendations, radio source administration and protocols, and diverse radio community architectures. Their position and use within the context of cellular broadband entry generally is defined, giving either a high-level evaluation and extra certain step by step explanations.
This e-book is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an knowing of the way to make use of the recent know-how as a way to remain sooner than the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and superior multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal constructions and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the help for heterogeneous deployments supplied by means of the most recent 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent more advantageous downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a suite of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with help for better frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, immense antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers an entire replace to the most recent 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, masking small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE liberate 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read or Download 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband PDF
Similar radio operation books
The single publication that offers complete assurance of UWB multiband OFDM know-how Ultra-wideband (UWB) has emerged as a know-how that gives nice promise to fulfill the turning out to be call for for inexpensive, high-speed electronic networks. the large bandwidth to be had, the opportunity of excessive facts charges, and the promise for small dimension and occasional processing strength with lowered implementation fee all current a different chance for UWB to develop into a commonly followed radio answer for destiny instant domestic networking know-how.
Electronic Audio Broadcasting revised with the newest criteria and updates of all new developmentsThe new electronic broadcast process family members is particularly assorted from latest traditional broadcast platforms. it really is standardised in various records (from ITU-R, ISO/IEC, ETSI, EBU, and others) that are frequently tough to learn.
The U.S. ushered in a brand new period of small-scale broadcasting in 2000 while it all started issuing low-power FM (LPFM) licenses for noncommercial radio stations round the state. Over the following decade, a number of hundred of those newly created low-wattage stations took to the airwaves. In Low energy to the folks, Christina Dunbar-Hester describes the practices of an activist association keen on LPFM in this period.
This ebook is meant as a complicated textual content for classes in antennas, with a spotlight at the mature yet very important history box of aperture antennas. The publication is aimed at final yr, MSc, PhD and Post-Doctoral scholars, in addition to readers who're relocating from academia into undefined, starting careers as instant engineers, method designers, in R&D, or for practicing engineers.
- Embedded software
- Silicon-Based Millimetre-wave Technology, Volume 174
- RFID for Energy and Utility Industries
- Electronic Circuits for the Hobbyist
- Radio monitoring : the how to guide
- Fireside Politics: Radio and Political Culture in the United States, 1920-1940 (Reconfiguring American Political History)
Additional resources for 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband
The use of beam-forming by means of multiple transmit antennas will focus the transmit power in the direction of the target receiver, leading to reduced interference to other radio links and improving the overall signal-to-interference ratio in the system. One important difference between interference and noise is that interference, in contrast to noise, typically has a certain structure which makes it, at least to some extent, predictable and possible to further suppress or even remove completely.
The benefit of such distributed user multiplexing or distributed multiple access is a possibility for additional frequency diversity as each transmission is spread over a wider bandwidth. In the case when OFDMA is used as an uplink multiple-access schemedthat is, in the case of frequency multiplexing of OFDM signals from multiple terminalsdit is critical that the transmissions from the different terminals arrive approximately time aligned at the base station. More specifically, the transmissions from the different terminals should arrive at the base station with a timing misalignment less than the length of the cyclic prefix to preserve orthogonality between subcarriers received from different terminals and thus avoid inter-user interference.
8 Selection of basic OFDM parameters If OFDM is to be used as the transmission scheme in a mobile-communication system, the following basic OFDM parameters need to be decided upon: • The subcarrier spacing Df. • The number of subcarriers Nc, which, together with the subcarrier spacing, determines the overall transmission bandwidth of the OFDM signal. • The cyclic-prefix length TCP. Together with the subcarrier spacing Df ¼ 1/Tu, the cyclic-prefix length determines the overall OFDM symbol time T ¼ TCP þ Tu or, equivalently, the OFDM symbol rate.